What to Do?
- Wear Red and Serve Red Food (jello, cookies, etc.)
- Cut everything out with a heart shape
- Buy an inexpensive box of valentines (like what children give out), fill each one out with a reason as to why you love your other half, and hide them around the house...it'll probably take a while for them to be all found, but it'll be a sweet surprise everytime!
- The classic red lipstick hearts on the mirror (you could even think about his/her rearview mirror)
- Send the person a sweet e-mail, text, tweet, e-card
- You could even send him/her something sweet at work (yes, I think even guys would appreciate getting something at work)
- Put a love letter in with their lunch
- Have a picnic (weather permitting)
What to Buy/Get/Make?
- Cook dinner
- Do his/her chores
- Take a jar (plain or fancy), and put their favorite snack in it (cookies, nuts, trail mix, candies, etc.)
- Do something the other person enjoys, even if they know it's not exactly your cup of tea
- Wrap up a box that has slips of paper, preferrably a lot of slips of papers - each one giving a reason as to why you love him/her
- Make a homemade card (don't think it's tacky - I bet you that in 10 or 20 years time, that homemade card will still be around!)
- Make a coupon book for personal things (think back rub, foot rub, running a bubble bath, cooking dinner, walking the dog, etc.)
- Make a gift basket - you can buy a basket just about anywhere (Target, Walmart, Salvation Army, etc.) and fill it up with things they really like i.e., a bottle of their favorite wine, a book by their favorite author, they favorite magazine, etc.
- Of course, the things you would put in a gift basket are great gifts individually!
- Gift Cards - don't buy them something you're not more than 75% sure about...instead, give them a gift card to a store they love and pair it with a homemade card...it'll be a great gift!
The only thing you need is
Give it a whirl, you might even surprise yourself! Let us know what you have done or will do for your valentine!!!